Bus Tour Application
Fasten Your Seat Belts Logistics
Scheduling: Tours are scheduled from April through October, Tuesday through Thursday.
Location: Your organization is responsible for identifying the bus pickup location. Often, this will be near the organization’s office. Our policy is that the pickup location should be within 20 minutes of the Oregon Convention Center during rush hour traffic.
Time: The bus will arrive for pickup at 7:30am and leave promptly at 8am. We will return to the original pickup location around noon. There is an optional lunch discussion from noon-2pm.
Optional lunch discussion: Your organization will be responsible for securing the location for the lunch discussion as well as providing lunches for participants and our tour staff. The location of the lunch discussion should be the same location as the pickup, as the bus will drop participants off at noon and then leave, so participants will need to be near their cars.
Special requests: Any special requests need to be made at least 3 months in advance of your tour. If needed, we can have a bus accessible for wheelchairs. Please give us as much advance notice as possible as we have access to a limited number of wheelchair-accessible buses. Our bus provider has a limited number of accessible buses, and we may need to adjust your tour date depending on availability. Seating capacity on wheelchair-accessible buses is decreased.
Wheelchair restrictions on the bus: The weight limit is 500 pounds for the chair and passenger. The wheelchair-accessible bus with the largest lift has a lift that measures 31.5″x 4′. We have access to 2 other buses that have lifts that measure 24”X32” and 40”x32”.
- If needed, we can provide large-print programs with advance notice.
- If you need a later start time, please let us know at the time of booking your tour. We can accommodate later start times of either 8:30am or 9am. Requests for a later start time will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We will get off the bus twice, and participants will be standing for approximately 25 minutes each time. Please let us know if this will be an issue for any of your participants.
In our evaluation of requests from groups for bus tours, we consider:
- When groups contacted us to request a bus tour;
- The nature and mission of the organization requesting the tour, including work being done in the organization related to equity; and
- The organization’s relationship to FHCO’s mission of ending housing discrimination and ensuring equal access to housing throughout Oregon.